Tuesday, August 16, 2005

looking...

Searching the internet for new jobs from my cubicle during working hours is a perfectly reasonable way to participate in the professional development of my field. It is not, after all, part of my professional development?

Why, oh why did I have to become a librarian? The number of books now available online (freely) make me want to shit my pants. Seriously, I’m moving in the woods to live off in a world where Google Print will not be lurking around threatening my job security.

But that’s not very reasonable, or even tempting. So I’m looking for a reference-librarian job. Why? Because no one in their right mind would want to catalogue from 9 to 5. It’s soul killing. Oh sure, I try to include human interaction in my everyday office-life. I try to invite my coworkers to stop by any time to share some sugary goodness from a candy-dish left on my desk in plain sight. But I doubt my office candy-cliques will provide me with a sense of accomplishment.

If you have job hunting tips that do not involve too much derrière-kissing, please leave your comments. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home