Friday, February 03, 2006

Culinary confessions

Seeing McDonald’s food still makes me salivate.
I eat things after they fall on the floor (except if it's the public bathroom's floor)
I harbor wishes for fame through my blogging.
It takes me between two and three minutes to eat my dinner.
I need to eat pasta at least once a week
My favorite restaurant is the Kennebunkport Clam Shack, even though it's one of George Bush fave spot too.
When someone (usually a woman) asks me if I like to cook, I never know what to say.
I am a bad cook because I break the rules and never follow the recipe.
Eating alone in a restaurant does not make me feel uncomfortable.
I put bechamel sauce in my lasagna. Heavenly.
I have a sweet tooth for grape juice combined with poutine.
I am grateful for carbs.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really must like torture, to read your post when I am just starting a 12-week meal replacement program...

But then again, I can't really hide away from food all the time.

I think my relationship with food (and with life in general) will significantly change over the course of the year.

I strongly believe that I will still eat everything I want... but I will simply make better choices around them... even if it means leaving some on the plate. :)

And no, you are not a bad cook! Cooking is somewhere between chemistry and art... Once you master the first part, then you can play around with the other. :)

I share your confort level when eating along in a restaurant. :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Kine said...

I hope you have a good motivator because this restrictive diet would cause most of us to go fetal in tears. (I read your "sursis alimentaire" entry a while ago). Seriously, between 1200 and 1500 a day? I hope you have enough energy to stroll through Washington.

Be good to yourself. Have fun out there.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Washington was very nice. :) And I was able to walk around a bit.

Diet-wise, I've moved to the 12 week meal replacement. 4 shakes totaling 900 calories. With my weight, I usually intake 3000 a day, so it is a (controlled) shock to the system. :)

One week down, 11 to go, before progressive food re-introduction. My spouse is doing the Weight Watchers points thing, so I have support... and so does she. :)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Kine said...

You and your spouse should read this blog: http://weightwatcherseh.blogspot.com/

C.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home