Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm off

Friday, 5:08 pm. Dawn of vacation time. I've heard that the strongest motivator is anticipation. What's next? What's tomorrow going to be like? Anticipation. I think it explains the addictive quality of traveling. When i'm not thinking about eating brownies, I think about escape. Messing around in an unfamiliar place.

So we are heading off to Purdy Lake for a week of who-knows-what. This place isn't unfamiliar, but it's everything a vacation place should have: a fire pit, a lake, a BBQ, a canoe and moldy paperback novels. I'll post pictures if we don't forget to pack Jeff's digital camera.

I'm leaving you with this poll:

Q: Should we get this dog?

P.S.: The song contest answer: Hangin' Tough, by the New Kids on the Block. A classic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To your question "Should we get this dog?"
I answer with another question: Does it purr? If not, then get a kitty that will purr. A good pet has to purr sometimes. I'm not biased. ;)

More seriously: It's a really cute puppy, you could give him a chance. Maybe it can learn to purr.

Enjoy your vacation!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Kine said...

It definitely should be able to purr.

Speaking of which, est-ce que Doc est toujours en vie?

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Doc anymore. Gone to Dog's Heaven.
Mom has a new dog, Patof.
No more cats at mom's home.
Three cats at my place (Carolyn had two before moving in). Lots of purring.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home